Sowing & Planting
- Chit seed potatoes
- Plant Jerusalem artichoke tubers
- Sow leek seeds in seed trays.
- Sow sweet peas.
- Hardy winter cabbages, cauliflowers, other brassicas.
- Celeriac and roots such as parsnips, swedes and winter radishes.
- Plan the area using a crop rotation system.
- Clear the greenhouse ready for sowing seeds.
- Clear the ground of weeds and couch grass. Do not dig if the weather is very wet.
- Dig over the ground and rake in lime for the brassica area.
- Order manure and dig in the appropriate areas.
- Winter prune established able and pear trees.