Sowing & Planting
- The last of your Oriental and salad leaves for this year
- Spring cabbages and Japanese onion sets to overwinter
- Transplant spring cabbages to their final growing positions
- Plant overwintering autumn onion sets
- Remaining summer vegetables (beans, tomatoes, peppers, sweetcorn, globe artichokes)
- First of the autumn crops (leeks, pumpkins and main crop potatoes
- Pick late plumbs, mid-season apples and pears, and autumn fruiting raspberries.
- Clear away dead foliage and other plant remains as soon as crops are finished.
- Cover empty ground to discourage weeds.
- Add everything you can to your compost heap - check there is no sign of disease.
- Cut down asparagus to 2.5cm above the ground
- Stake Brussels sprouts