Sowing & Planting
- Sow beetroot
- Sow main crop carrots
- Sow French Beans - second wave
- Sow Salad Leaves and spring onions
- Plant brussels sprouts, cauliflowers, broccoli and cabbages
- Plant courgettes, marrows and other squashes
- Dib in leeks
- Plant sweetcorn in a block or grid formation to aid pollination
- New season early potatoes, peas and broad beans
- Summer salads
- Strawberries, gooseberries and cherries
- Weed ruthlessly and water regularly to give young plants a good chance.
- Net almost everything against birds, slugs, butterflies and other animals and insects.
- Box in carrots to protect from carrot root fly.
- Earth up potatoes
- Build supports for climbers.
- Cut down peas and beans to just above the surface after harvesting. Leave roots in as they are full of nitrogen.
- Remove raspberry suckers and either cut off strawberry suckers or pot them to make new plants.