Sowing & Planting
- Sow Tomatoes, sweet peppers and chilli. Sow 2 to a 3" pot and prick out to 1 per pot after germination.
- Sow herbs in seed trays.
- Sow lettuce in seed trays or modules.
- Plant onion and shallot sets. Be guided by the weather. Either plant direct or plant into 2.5" pots for transplanting in warmer weather.
- Transplant leeks into 9" deep pots, 15 per pot. Keep in the greenhouse or cold frame until April.
- Sow brassicas either in seed trays or in 3" pots under glass.
- Last year's leeks and sprouts
- Wash all last year's plant pots
- Dig trenches for seed potatoes and line with manure
- Prepare seedbeds by hoeing and covering with fleece to warm up the ground.
- Flatten brassica beds so that they are very firm. Make sure to use lots of lime.
- Prepare carrot boxes and been and pea supports.
- Apply fertilisers to boost the nutritional content of your soil before sowing and planting begins