Sowing & Planting
- Harden off seedlings & start planting if the soil is warm enough
- Plant the last of the seed potatoes
- Plant beetroot and spinach
- Pot up brassicas into 3" pots
- Plant broccoli, dwarf French beans and courgettes
- Sow root vegetables such as carrots, swedes and turnips
- Sow sweetcorn into long pots or root trainers
- Baby globe artichokes
- New season salad leaves
- Weed regularly and keep young plants well watered.
- Net fruit bushes and strawberry plants to protect from birds and insects.
- Protect plants against a late frost.
- Earth up potatoes as they start to grow.